Thursday, February 23, 2012

Day 1 Begins

Hello to all!

Temptation: a desire to do something, especially something wrong or unwise.

This defines today, having the smell of chick-fi-la coming from the girl sitting next to me in class eating that juicy chicken sandwich and sinful waffle fries. Today was the first full day of fasting with a twist and it went pretty well. I have had the urge to eat something, not because I am hungry but because now that I have chosen not to eat, I want to eat everything is sight! Now for dinner as I write this, I am sipping on a smoothie that contains some strawberries, a banana, half and apple, some spinach, and carrots. Sounds interesting doesn't it? But it truly isn't bad at all, all I really taste is the sweetness from the fruits.



Unfortunately, my roommate and I cooking some chicken for our other roommate and the aroma from this chicken makes me want to just indulge in some food! Temptation is everywhere, at school, when I'm driving, and even at home. But Jesus had temptation those 40 days and nights from the Devil. He turned down the taunting of turning the rocks into bread and having water. So why can I not turn down some chick-fi-la or marinated chicken from the oven? I CAN and I WILL! If Jesus had the will so can I. I won't lie, it is tough but for Him, my parents, and for myself I will be strong.

I called my parents earlier today to see how they are doing in this fasting and I am happy to say that they are handling it pretty well. Probably better than I am (haha), since I just want some Whataburger and fries!
My mom had work at 5:00 in the morning and she made her a smoothie this morning for breakfast and for lunch. She was telling me that when she woke up this morning she wasn't even really hungry like normal and for lunch she had her smoothie and was feeling pretty full! GO MOM!
When I talked to my dad he said the same thing, that this fasting wasn't too bad and neither were the smoothies! GO DAD!

He did raise some concerns though about some health issues. We are not trying to lose weight but doing this for Christ, but it is only natural when you start this juice and smoothie diet you will lose some weight. Since we don't need to lose any weight, what will we do if we start to lose too much weight and it starts to show? Well my answer was to start putting kelp into the drinks, but also to drink the smoothies and juice for breakfast and lunch and then for dinner we will have some sort of protein with vegetables. This unfortunately is not what we want to resort to but for now we will continue to drink juice and smoothies!

So temptation today this is what I say to you, "He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will never be shaken" Psalm 62:2
Todays God Wink: This BEAUTIFUL weather! The sun is shining and I woke up today!

"For my victory comes from Him"
                Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment