Friday, February 24, 2012

Fruit-alicious Friday!

Hi Friends!

My next day is on its way! Todays best drink of the day is lunch! Well mainly because I haven't had dinner yet-haha!

This pretty colored smoothie is filled with some strawberries, half a peach, some blueberries, and raspberries. YUMMY!
Again, today has been tough just because ALL I want is a pizza, especially when I get an email from the university saying there is free pizza at the women's basketball game. How can someone pass up FREE food? It's tough in a college town when fast food is the motto. You name it, we have that it here.

Pretty uneventful day, been at home cleaning and studying. But it has been wonderful since I don't have as many temptations around me. I just have my fruits, vegetables, and the blender. We have all become best friends very quickly.

So I subscribe to kloves encouraging word for the day and I always say that the scripture for the day pertains to that day. Today's verse is, "Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you." Psalms 25:5
I absolutely adore this verse! It is perfect for they day and for everyday of this fasting feast!

But it doesn't JUST pertain to this, it pertains to all day EVERY DAY!
We should be trying to learn more about Christ and what it means to be a Christian so we can lead by example for others. Christ is the only one who has saved you and will save you  from anything. Shouldn't we be grateful for everything He has done for us? I know I am, I have a wonderful family and friends that He has put in my life for a specific reason. Its a beautiful thing when you look at someone and are able to see Christ in them.

My challenge to all of you, is try to read your Bible more. Before going to bed, instead of falling asleep to the TV try reading a little bit. I challenge you to learn more about Christ and help others see Him too. I am not saying you have to go out and preach it to people in a public place. But just by buying a club sandwich from HEB and taking it to that regular homeless person you see on the road can show Christ to others.

As for me tonight, I'm off to a date night with my beau! The Vow seems like a good movie to watch!
Hope you all have wonderful nights!

"For my victory comes from Him"
               -Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment