Monday, February 27, 2012

Psalm 33:20

Hello All!

Hope everyone had wonderful weekends! Mine was uneventful due to the fact that I was studying my life away for some of my classes. WOO what fun!

I have come to the conclusion that due to the health concerns that my dad brought up, (I mentioned it in my second post) that during the week I am drinking strictly smoothies. Yet, during the weekend, I will be drinking smoothies for breakfast and lunch but for dinner I will be actually having a meal. I will not be over doing the meal like going out for a cheeseburger but eating just as healthy as my smoothies, with a protein such as fish and side of veggies or whole grain pasta.

I just want to say, I appreciate all the encouragement that my friends and family have been giving me. I don't know what I would do with it! I am so truly blessed to be surrounded with such good people.

"We put our hope in the Lord. He is our help and our shield" Psalm 33:20
This verse is so beautiful, the Lord our God is our help and our shield from ungodly things. He helps us throughout the day and through our toughest times. I hope that with the school shooting in Ohio today, that all the families put and did put their hope in the Lord. I hope that the family who lost their son turns to Him for comfort in this time of need, and that the families with their kids recovering also put their hope in our Lord. That event was very unfortunate and I just hope that now, family and friends can all come together. I pray that they all find forgiveness in what happened today and that with their hope in the Lord comes a promise for a better and brighter tomorrow. May the boy who passed on rest in peace with Christ and the 4 others who are recovering regain their full strength.
I can never understand why things happen the way they do, like this shooting, the one at columbine, or the one at Virginia Tech. All I know is that everything happens for a reason, people are brought into our life and also taken out of our life, all for the perfect plan that He has for us. Somehow, all we can hope for is that with his help we can take each challenge and overcome it. He will never put a mountain in front of you that you can't climb.

Another challenge I have for you-instead of when your caught starting at something give them a little smile instead of turning away awkwardly. We all know how that works, you always feel bad for getting caught staring so you quickly look away just as they catch you looking (haha). Yet, you never know, that one smile that you gave them can help them in some way or another. Maybe that is just what they needed to brighten their day after a tough one. Maybe that is what all it took for this student to not bring that gun to school todday. Maybe having one person just be his friend could have prevented it. We will never fully understand why, but maybe you can make a difference in someone else's day just by a simple smile.

Remember, always tell your loved ones what they mean to you.

"For my victory comes from Him"
                -Audrey


No comments:

Post a Comment